MCA Small Powerboat & RIB Master


Course Outline

This three day course covers two days of theory and one day of practical boat handling including:

How do I get my Small Powerboat & Rib Master certificate commercially endorsed?

The IYT “Master of Yachts” and the IYT “Small Powerboat & RIB Master” certificates do not require a “commercial endorsement” because they are commercial certificates.

The MCA has recognised three levels of IYT Master of Yachts Certificates and the Small Powerboat and RIB Master Certificate as being “Commercial” in their own right. They are:

The “Yachtmaster” certificates issued by the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) are recreational certificates and currently (oct' 2018) are eligible for a commercial endorsement (only accepted in certain countries / waters) however a “commercial endorsement” is required (this may involve a requirement of further training, courses & examination(s)) if one wishes to work commercially.

Should you wish to confirm this information please contact the Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) Seafarers Standard Branch +44 (0)23 8032 9100 -Deck Department.