Crew Training Solutions (CTS) is the only professional Maritime Training Centre in Naples approved / accredited by International Yacht Training (IYT) to run professional courses & exams leading towards & including the Master of Yachts Certificate of Competence (CoC).
CTS is also the only MCA (Maritime & Coastguard Agency) training centre in Italy approved to deliver the full STCW 95/10 Basic Safety Training (BST) Package (FF&FP Approval still in progress (Oct 18)) along with H.E.L.M(o) (Human Element, Leadership & Management) and the Master 200grt / Officer of the Watch 500grt (code vessels & yachts) oral preparation courses and examinations. CTS is also proud to be the only SQA (Scottish Qualification Authority) appointed exam centre in Italy for the UKLAP Grade 1 – (a mandatory required qualification in order to obtain a UK / Red Ensign CeC. The Professional Yacht Association are now present in Italy too and work closely with Crew Training Solutions.
We have a team of experts 'onboard' who collectively have over 25 years of experience in the Yachting industry. Our trainers are qualified MCA STCW Masters and OOW’s who actively serve in command &/or management positions throughout the year. Furthermore, our trainers undergo professional Train The Trainer courses in line with the IMO (International Maritime Organisation) 6.09 guidelines. Our audited QMS (quality management system) ensures consistency and high standards of service and training.
2018 sees the launch of new courses, new MCA approvals, re-developed courses such as the Master 200gt Oral Prep courses and the appointment of a Director of Training who will oversee the management, development and quality of all courses & training.
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fcrewtrainingsolutions%2Fposts%2F612631289215185&width=500" width="500" height="230" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>
In conjunction with IYT, Crew Training Solutions offer professional courses specifically designed for seafarers within the Yachting industry from interior & deck crew up to Master & Officer of the Watch.
We are here to help you develop and achieve your dream Yachting Career whether you are new to the industry or progressing to the next level.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your career with you and tailor a training plan to meet your goals.
IYT professional qualifications are run by professionals with commercial experience. IYT qualifications are recognised worldwide and approved by most Flag States including the Red Ensign (MCA). Whilst the IYT offer a selection of ‘recreational’ courses (CTS also approved to provide), make no mistake; IYT / CTS Professional Courses are delivered by trainers with commercial backgrounds who also hold Management Level CoC’s. This means your training experience as a whole with us will be consistent throughout levels and all relevant to large yachts / commercial vessels and not relating to '20ft weekend family boats'.
CTS & IYT Courses available:
STCW Basic Training 95/10 (Marshall Island & MCA)
Master of Yachts Limited Power and Sail (MCA approved)
Master of Yachts Unlimited (MCA approved)
Professional Superyacht Hospitality (Stew/Stewardess Training - Interior Crew)
CTS provides seafarers of any nationality with the latest, most valid and industry recognised training to assist entry into the industry or further career development.
Our course objectives are to equip candidates with the knowledge and understanding of all elements necessary to obtain the relevant Certificate of Competency (CoC) accordance with the UK / Red Ensign MCA (MARITIME COASTGUARD AGENCY ) requirements:
Our MCA approved courses are :
Certificate of Equivalent Competency
The Certificate of Equivalent Competency may be issued, on application to the MCA, to officers / seafarers who are not UK nationals but who hold STCW or fishing vessel certificates issued by a selection of other maritime administrations. The MCA will need to be satisfied that there are no significant differences from the standards which are applied to candidates for the UK’s existing Certificates of Competency.
All applicants for Certificates of Equivalent Competency should contact MCA Headquarters or Marine Offices for an application form. On receipt of completed application forms and appropriate supporting documentation, the MCA will send a Notice of Assessment, stating whether or not they fall short of any of the requirements for a Certificate of Equivalent Competency.
UK Legal and Administrative Process (UKLAP)
All applicants will be required to take a written examination to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of UK law and administrative processes through the medium of written English, unless they hold appropriate qualifications. This examination will be administered by SQA at Crew training Solutions' venue in Italy.
The marking process for the UKLAP examination is administered by SQA and results are issued approximately SIX weeks from the examination date.
The Notice of Assessment (NOA) issued by the MCA will state which examinations applicants are required to take.
The MCA will send applicants explanatory notes which state the procedures to be followed, the appropriate fees and a list of examination centres.
- Applicants for UKLAP examinations should complete the NOA and send the fees of £210 in pounds sterling to SQA along with a contact number and email address.
- SQA will arrange the exam at the candidate's preferred location as stated on the back of the NOA. (Please specify Crew Training Solutions, Naples if that is you choice (or contact us))
- SQA need at least THREE weeks notice to arrange the candidate's exam.
- SQA will make the necessary arrangements with the examination centre and will notify applicants in writing of the date, time and venue for the examination(s).
- All arrangements will be confirmed in writing with the examination centre. Exam Centres will be supplied with a passport photograph for identification of the applicant.
- Examination centres may charge a fee for the provision of facilities. This must be paid to the centre, not SQA, before the examinations take place. Centres may also charge an administrative fee if an examination date has to be rearranged. (Please contact Crew Training Solutions for more information)
- SQA will normally issue results to candidates within 6 weeks of the candidate’s examination date. A copy of these candidate results is also sent to the MCA Head Quarters in Southampton at the same time.
- Please note that SQA will charge an administrative fee if an examination date has to be rearranged.
Crew Training Solutions can also offer or arrange (through partners) various professional, insured services to include but not limited to:
- Bill of sale / Yacht Sale Agreements (In conjunction with South Seas Yachting (Our sister company))
- Yacht visits / spot inspections on behalf of owners / management.
- Onboard Crew Training (Tailored / Bespoke)
- Pick-up/set-down engines / engineering works (in partnership).
- British Flag Registration
- Fuel registers
- Nautical leasing / Yacht Charter
- Technical & Expert Maritime Advice (Yachts & Workboats)
- RC and Korpi insurance.
- Vessels Deliveries & relief Master / Officer Supply.
- Testing for renewal or issue of safety records / onboard safety certification.
- Vessel SMS (Safety Management) Consultancy & Updating.
- Expert Witnesses to support insurers (collisions, near misses, accidents & navigation).
- Red Ensign / MCA Vessel Coding Pre-inspections & setups.
- Relief DPA's (Designated Person Ashore) (Trained).